Sunday, November 14, 2010

What's in the past...

"Separated, I cut myself clean of a past that comes back in my darkest of dreams"--DC Talk

Ah, if only it were that easy.  To just cut off the unpleasantries of the past and be done with them, and to no longer be haunted by the past pains. 

And to some degree it's actually happening.  The things that I've done that made me depressed no longer suck out my soul like a Dementor from Azkaban, well for the most part anyway.  They say the past is what makes you who you are today.  Non je ne regrettien... or something like that.  I don't speak French. 

And I guess it's finally coming true.  There are a couple memories that still truly haunt me.  A few things in the past that I truly would change if I could.  I'm not growing from them, and they sure as fuck haven't made me stronger.  No good has come from them.

But for the most part, it's finally starting to scab over.  It doesn't make me cringe like it did.  I guess maybe finally I'm starting to grow up and mature the way I've always tried to present myself.

And now I find myself with the overwhelming urge to shoot peas out of my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment